Friday, January 15, 2010

The Story Behind "The Intro" On THE KINETIK L.P.

Every great album has a abstract into. I remember when Busta used to drop his, Gangstarr and hell alot of Old School artist that i grew up who was my father figures in life did. So with this one i found on the infamous YouTube and when i first hurd it i feel in love. Next day in the studio i played it for Klass and jus the look on his face when he hurd it let me know this is a definite must. At the end of the kinda long first sample i decided to add the sample from prodigy to add intense to the next track on the list "Turn Em" which features the sample again. To me it blended perfectly. The theory behind having such a intro is to make the lister think to themselves "yo this is crazy...this takes me back to childhood" and put them back in their mind state of forgetting about the state of hiphop and people in general and take a trip back to open their minds. Its pure science lol

No comments:

Post a Comment