Friday, January 8, 2010

The Making Of "The KinetiK LP"

Its been alil min since ive actually had a chance to sit down and work on a project from the ground up and not jus have a whole bunch of songs layn around. I got in contact with my main producer Klass D outta North Carolina through a barber of mine named Jay Truth in Charlotte NC. Being around the scene for alil min i sorta knew all the hiphop head in the area so it turns out we all knew of eachother and eachothers work due to various hiphop nights at local spots and bars.

After landing a very important position in my carear field in California I decided I couldnt leave NC without droppn something as a placemark for all the things that ive been exposed to there. I got in contact with Klass D over facebook and the bond began to build from there. He sent me a couple joints he made previously and gave me a chance to step outta my comfort zone of hardcore lyrical rhyming and into an even more comfortable zone that was unknown at the time.

With fresh boom bap drums, symphony style horns my deep lyrical rhyme style and melodys in the base lines I knew for sure this project was gonna hit people where they least expected. From Klass D I got introduced to a close emcee by the name of Monotone Jones who has a studio in his house. The bond began to grow more when i meet Wan Lo, C4, and Verbs. With time begining to come close to my departure to California, we had to get to work if we were gonna make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment